HSF-NLU Delhi Organising International Negotiation Competition
Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) and National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) are pleased to invite to the seventh edition of the HSF-NLU Delhi International Negotiation Competition (INC) in Delhi
Dates of event: 09th to 11th September 2022
Objective: The competition aims at providing an opportunity to law students of top universities across the globe to practice and improve their negotiation skills. It provides a platform for students to compete in a truly diverse and international environment. The competition is carefully structured to simulate legal negotiations, making it particularly useful for those students who aspire to be international lawyers.
Who can participate: All students who are enrolled in a full-time law degree (undergraduate or post-graduate) as on 1 September 2022 will be eligible to participate.
Awards & certificate: All participants will receive certificates of participation. The winners will receive a trophy to be held in their university and each member of the winning team will receive a cash prize. The runners-up will also receive a trophy and cash prize. There will be an award for the best negotiator and the best negotiation plan. A spirit of the competition award will also be given to the team that best displays the qualities of good negotiation.
Registration fees: A registration fee of INR 6,000 per team will be charged, to be paid upon arrival at NLU Delhi.
• Over 30 teams are expected to participate in the competition. There will be two preliminary rounds.
• Qualifying teams will then proceed to the advanced rounds, which will be knock-out rounds.
• The final round will take place between the winners of the advanced rounds. Each round will consist of a 60 or 90 minute negotiation session, which may be extended at the discretion of the judges, to make it akin to a real life experience.
• Each team will consist of two students.
• Only one team per University will be allowed to participate in the competition.
• 15 June 2022: Release of the problems/negotiation simulations
• 15 July 2022: Deadline for seeking clarifications
• 1 August 2022: Submission of the negotiation plan
• 9 September 2022: Registration and welcome address
• 9-11 September 2022: Preliminary and advanced rounds
• 11 September 2022: Finals and awards ceremony
Last date to register: 15th July 2022
Click here for brochure