Applications Invited For Lily Thomas Essay Writing Competition, 2023
Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob, Advocates and Solicitors is inviting applications for “Lily Thomas Essay Writing Competition, 2023” – Fourth Edition.
The essay writing competition aims to elaborate on a variety of themes namely, “Expanding contours of ArtificiaI Intelligence and its effects on the Right to Privacy”, an analysis of “The importance of Basic Structure Doctrine: In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the landmark judgment Kesavananda Bharati vs State of Kerala.”, “Integrity and ethics in the legal profession: A must”.
Total 30 winners will be awarded cash prizes and Certificate of Appreciation.
All interested essay writers should send their essays along with abstracts in Word or PDF format by 30th November, 2023 at 23:45 Hours (11:45 PM) IST.
Results will be announced on 15th December, 2023 during the Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture.
GUIDELINES FOR THE COMPETITION :
• Essay Writing Competition is free and open to all.
• Word Limit: 1600-1800 words (excluding footnotes and abstract), abstract shall be approximately 200 words.
• The Font shall be Times New Roman, the font size- 12, and the line spacing should be 1.5.
• Citation Style: 19th Bluebook Edition.
• The essays should strictly be in “English” language.
• Only 15%-20% plagiarism is allowed.
• The abstract and essay should be combined into one document.
• No Co-authorship is allowed.
• Multiple entries from the same author are not allowed.
• Submission on more than one topic is not allowed.
• The subject line of the email should contain the complete name of the topic.
• There must be a separate cover page attached to the e-mail containing the essay that includes essay writer’s name, address, date of birth, and an undertaking stating that the essay is original.