National Law University, Odisha (NLUO) ICSSR SponsoredTen Days Online WorkshoponResearch Methodology
Dates of event:23rdMay to 02nd June 2022
No of seats: 30
- Fundamentals of Research.
- Research Design; Research Problem; Objectives and HypothesisFormulation.
- Basics of Quantitative Research.
- Structuring Literature Review through Mendeley and Latex.
- Data Management using Excel.
- Types of Data, Methods and Tools of data collection.
- Sampling Design.
- Basics and Techniques of Qualitative Research Analysis (through AtlasTi).
- Field Survey, Action Research and Case Study Analysis.
- Questionnaire Designing, Data Editing, Coding and Processing.
- Scaling Techniques.
- Citation and Referencing Styles (Technicalities of Citation Metrics and HIndex).
- E-resource Efficacy for Research.
- Research Integrity, Ethics and Anti Plagiarism Rules.
- Report/ Thesis Writing.
- Writing and Publishing Research Papers in High Impact Factor andScopus Journals.
- Funding Avenues in Social Sciences Research.
Objective of the event: The key objectives of the course are-
- To enable the participants in comprehending relevance of Social Sciences research, define the research problem and developing a well-defined methodological framework for their research interest.
- To familiarise the participants with research challenges and their possible solutions.
- To expose the participants to analytical skillsets for research by apprising them with methods of data collection, processing, interpretation and analysis.
- To enable participants in understanding the basics of qualitative research using contemporary tools.
- To sensitize participants on the ethical aspects of social and behavioural research as well as plagiarism software.
- To train the participants in quality academic writing be it dissertation or research reports.
- To help the participants to understand the significance of publishing in high impact factor peer-reviewed journals.
Who can participate: The workshop invites applications from eligible candidates all over India.Applicants enrolled for M.Phil./Ph.D./PDF in a UGC recognized university/deemed university/colleges/institutes of national importance or ICSSR Research Institutes only can apply for the workshop.The specialisation of the applicants in M.Phil./Ph.D./PDF must beLaw, Social Sciences and/or interdisciplinary areas
Event platform:The workshop will be conducted in an online medium in the GoogleMeet platform
Awards & Certificate:Only candidates with 100% attendance will be eligible to receive the certificate of participation.
How to register:
- Application along with forwarding letter from the affiliated institution to be mailed to[email protected]
- Applicant should also submit a synopsis on the research area of their interest with not more than 1500-2000 words along with the application form.
- Selected candidates would be informed through Email.
Click here for the brochure