The National Law University, Delhi is seeking to engage on a contractual basis, Legal Fellows for Nagpur (2 positions) for the Fair Trial Fellowship programme of Project39A supported by a grant from the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives.
No of post: 02
Course objective: The goal of the programme is to reduce the under-trial population in prisons in Pune and Nagpur and to work towards strengthening the legal aid system in Maharashtra
Who can participate: young lawyers and social workers to work for providing quality legal representation to undertrial prisoners.
- Minimum of three-year experience of criminal law practice at trial court level
- Registration as a practicing advocate (Sanad) with Bar Council of any state in India
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Marathi
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Familiarity with the use of MS-Office, emails and the internet
- Prior work experience in work with the District Legal Services Authority is desirable.
Remuneration: Fellows will be paid a fellowship amount of INR 30,000 per month.
How to apply: Interested persons must send their resume and Statement of Purpose to [email protected] and the subject of the email should be "Fair Trial Fellowship - Application for Legal Fellows-Nagpur". Applicants are also required to fill in their details in the google form via the link given below.
Last date to register: Applications received after midnight of 25th February, 2022 will not be considered.
Click here for the application form
Click here for the official notification