NLSIU's International Conference On Chanakya's Philosophy And Its Relevance To The 21st Century
National Law School of India University, in partnership with Chanakya University, Bengaluru; Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bengaluru; Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics University, Bengaluru; India Knowledge Systems Division, Ministry of Education, Government of India; and Central Sanskrit University, Delhi, is organising an International Conference on Chanakya's Philosophy and its Relevance to the 21st Century.
Dates of events: 5th to 7th September 2023
Objective:To enable fruitful discussions. and to build a better and credible knowledge base on these relevant aspects, this international conference is being organised.
- Good governance, effective leadership and stakeholder groups
- Society, community organisation and decentralisation
- Welfare economics
- Sustainable development and management of natural resources
- Rule of law, legal institutions and society
- Research paper size: Around 8,000 words.
- Maximum number of papers accepted will be 30 (including all themes).
- The author/s are requested to read relevant books/papers on Chanakya's Arthshastra, his life and related aspects, before submitting the abstract.
- The paper should be based on critical analysis of Chanakya's writings and its relevance for 21st century. Each paper should clearly focus on historical, functional and futuristic perspectives.
- The author/s should submit an abstract of 500 words, indicating paper title, authors details, critical issues focused, key findings based on their analysis and strategic recommendations for the future. Also list out references. This will go for double-blind review process.
- Authors of the selected abstracts will be invited to submit extended abstract of 1500 words. Based on double-blind review, the shortlisted authors will be invited to submit full manuscript.
- The full manuscript will undergo double-blind review process and plagiarism check.
- The organisers will send all these papers for copy editing.
- These papers will be presented by the authors during the conference, which will be discussed by a set of expert discussants. Then the authors will be requested to refine their papers based on the suggestions received in the conference and submit the revised version.
- Thus, accepted final version of the papers will be paid an honorarium of Rs 25,000 per paper.
- The organisers will bring out a book from a leading international publisher and also provide open access, as per the global standards.
- 10th April, 2022: First Abstract Submission Deadline (500 words)
- 10th June, 2022: Revised Abstract Submission Deadline (1500 words)
- 10th November 2022: Full Paper Submission Deadline (8,000 words)
Click here for the official notification