The National Law University, Jodhpur is organizing a two day National Seminar on "Assessing India's Performance as a Parliamentary Democracy". The Seminar shall be held over a period of two days where esteemed speakers from across the world shall be discussing and deliberating on the key issues pertaining to parliamentary democracy in India. The event shall be organized on Cisco Webex Platform (ONLINE).
The following are the exhaustive list of proposed themes for abstract submission, which shall become
the basis of the paper presentations:
I. Parliamentary Procedures
- Role of Speaker;
- Motions & Procedures;
- Opposition Rights; and
- Public Participation in Law-Making.
II. Judicial Intervention
- Role in upholding parliamentary practices;
- Revisiting the Collegium System; and
- Listing of cases vis-à-vis politically sensitive matters.
III. Parliamentary Representation:
- Minority Representation;
- Gender Representation; and
- Regional Representation.
IV. Electoral Reforms
- Appointment of the Election Commissioner of India;
- Inner-party democracy;
- Model Code of Conduct and selective application; and
- Electoral Bonds.
The list is exhaustive and must be strictly adhered to while submitting abstracts.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 30th November 2021
Announcement of accepted abstracts: 4th December 2021
Deadline for payment of registration fees: 20th December 2021
Deadline for manuscripts submission: 3rd January 2022
Seminar & Paper Presentation: 8th and 9th January 2022
Click here for more details