TNNLU STAP National Essay Writing Competition
The students of the Batch of 2025 of TNNLU, who are currently pursuing 'Law of Contracts – II', as part of the Suthanthira Thirunaal Amudha Peruvizha (STAP) initiatives to commemorate 75 years of Independence is organising the national essay writing competition.
Topic: Feminist Perspectives on Indian Contract Act and Surrogacy in Independent India.
Eligibility: Undergraduate or Postgraduate students pursuing any discipline in any recognized University in India.
Registration Fees: No Registration fees.
Awards & Certificates: Top 3 participants will be awarded certificates of merit. The essay of the winner will be published in the forthcoming issue of TNNLU Law Review.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- The format specified below has to be strictly adhered to.
File type – All files submitted should be either in .doc or .docx with the file name as 'Participant's Name-Event Name'.
Body – Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified.
Footnotes – ILI Rules of Footnoting, Times New Roman, size 10, line spacing 1, left-aligned.
Endnotes are not to be used.
- Word Limit of essay (exclusive of footnotes) is a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 5000 words.
- All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The body of the manuscript should not contain any personal details of the author, to enable anonymous screening.
- The work submitted should be original and unpublished and must not be under simultaneous consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The plagiarism limit should be less than 10%. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to use any plagiarism checker to vet the submissions.
- The entries should be submitted through this registration-cum-submission form only.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to publish or not publish the essays. In case of publication, the author(s) of the published essay(s) would be notified by the Organizing Committee.
- The entries would be assessed based on the following parameters: originality, relevance to the topic, coherence and content.
Registration & Submission Deadline - December 31, 2021. The first 50 entries will only be accepted. Winners will be notified through mail.
Click here for the official notification