Teaching Vacancies In NLSIU
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites applications from accomplished committed, and dynamic legal minds for the positions of Professor (law), Associate Professor (law), Assistant Professor (law)
No of post: 10
- Professor (UR-01),
- Associate professor (UR-03),
- Assistant Professor (UR-05, SC-01)
- Professor (Level 14 as per VII CPC)
- Associate professor (Level 13A as per VII CPC)
- Assistant Professor (Level 10 as per VII CPC)
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the UGC Regulations, 2018;
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as an Assistant Professor /Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate;
An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions/ industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years' experience.
Associate Professor (Law):
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria as per the UGC Regulations, 2018.
Assistant Professor (Law/ Social Sciences):
The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET subject to following exemptions:
Ph.D Degree holders may be exempted. Provided, candidates who have registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
Candidates who completed Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/ SLET/ SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC
The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply: Interested individuals are requested to go through the University's website, fill in the Application Form and upload the certificates to support their claim for educational qualifications, age, experience etc.
Last date to apply: 4th February 2022
Click here for the official notification