MNLU Is Organising Training Workshop On Child Care & Protection With Special Emphasis On POCSO Law
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU Mumbai) is organising 1st Training Workshop on Child Care and Protection with special emphasis on POCSO Law in collaboration with Project Mumbai.
Date of Event: 01 October 2022
Objective of the Event: The core objective of the workshop is to develop skills of the participants in the areas of investigation, handling of children, role of Prosecutors, Police, social workers, teachers as well as scholars and applicability of POCSO laws through interactive practical sessions, visual aids and other technologies. The proposed training interaction is to be geared to achieve the following objectives:
• To understand various forms of child abuse and it's after effects
• To assess the effectiveness of training aimed at improving reporting of child abuse and neglect by various professionals
• To develop an understanding and awareness within our surroundings in terms of child psychology
• To investigate possible components of effective training interventions.
• To understand the effectiveness of POCSO and other related laws
Theme: Following are some of the areas likely to be focused in this programme:
1. Child Sexual Abuse: Law and Policy
2. Child Forensic interviewing
3. Status of Special Courts and Judicial interventions
4. Emotional Intelligence
5. Online Child abuse, dating and Grooming apps
6. Challenges during Investigation of Child Abuse cases
7. Support services and counselling
Who can participate: Members of various Departments and Schools, Social- workers, Prosecutors, Law officers, Medical officers, Police officials, research executives, and Research scholars working in this area could to be involved in this workshop.
1. Asian/other foreign delegates 50 USD
2. Indian delegates Rs. 1000/-
How to register: Due to an anticipated oversubscription of the training programme, participation therein will be strictly subject to nomination and selection. Prospective participants may fill the registration form link and send request electronically to : [email protected]
The participants shall submit the registration fee along with the prescribed Google form of registration only after getting confirmation.
Click here to register
Last date to apply: 15 September 2022
Click here for the brochure